The combination of chocolate and whipped cream is without a doubt one of the most delicious flavor combinations, if you ask me. The airiness, softness and sweetness of whipped cream blend wonderfully with the chocolate and such a good combination is obtained.
There are quite a few desserts on the blog that combine chocolate and whipped cream. Every time I make such a dessert – I remember how a classic always wins. There will always be trends; but they will change and be replaced by other trends. but classics? It’s always here, always fit and always doing the job.
Just like the next pudding. This chocolate pudding is very easy to prepare that can be served hot or cold. I added soft whipped cream on top, which makes it a wonderful dessert. If you serve the pudding cold – it’s just like a chocolate cream pot with whipped. And if you serve it hot – it’s a kind of thick and luscious hot chocolate with soft whipped cream on top. Either way this is a great dessert for the cold days (and in general). Chocolate and whipped cream lovers will fall in love with it.
Looking for more chocolate desserts? Try these: 3 Ingredients Chocolate Bliss Balls | Oreo filled Chocolate Cookies | Pistachio and Chocolate Cookies | Chocolate Bar Filled Brownies
Chocolate Pudding with Whipped Cream
For the chocolate pudding:
- 500 ml (2 cups) half and half
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 20 grams of butter
- 30 grams (3 tablespoons) cornstarch
- 80 ml. (1/3 cup) water
- 100 grams of dark chocolate chopped
For the whipped cream:
- 250 ml (1 cup) very cold whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
In a saucepan, add half and half, sugar, salt and butter and cook until boiling.
meanwhile, mix cornstarch and water to a uniform mixture.
When the liquid mixture is hot, add in the cornstarch mixture and stir well with a whisk. Cook over medium heat while whisking until simmering and boiling (about 1-2 minutes cooking).
Turn off the heat and add in the chocolate. Mix well until it melts in the mixture and a uniform and thick chocolate pudding is obtained.
Pour into individual cups.
Beat in a mixer bowl cream and powdered sugar until a very stable whipped cream is obtained.
Place a mound of whipped cream on top of each dessert and garnish with grated chocolate.
- You can serve the pudding hot or cold with whipped cream. If served hot - pour into glasses and immediately garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate for immediate eating - this is basically a type of thick hot chocolate. If you prefer to serve it cold - cool the pudding after pouring it into glasses for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator and then serve with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
- The pudding is stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It is recommended to add the whipped cream when serving.
- Instead of dark chocolate, you can use milk or white chocolate in the same amount for a variety of flavors.
- You can also decorate with Funfetti, coconut or chopped nuts instead of grated chocolate.