I love making chocolate snowballs – it’s definitely one of the easiest desserts these is, and I truly can’t think of anyone who doesn’t like it.
These chocolate snowballs cupcakes are perfect for kids, but every single one who tastes them simply LOVES these! They are made of chocolate chip cakes topped with chocolate cream and a chocolate snowball at the top.
They are easy to make, so delicious and perfect for birthday parties or any other special occasion. If you like chocolate snowballs – you’re gonna love them.
Chocolate Snowballs Cupcakes
For the chocolate chip cupcakes:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) very soft butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 200 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
For the chocolate cream:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) whipping cream, very cold
- 30 grams (3 tbsp). powdered sugar
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 10 grams (1 tbsp.) instant vanilla pudding powder
- Chocolate snowballs
- Chocolate sprinkles
Chocolate chip cupcakes:
Preheat the oven to 180c degrees and arrange paper molds in a muffin pan.
In a mixer bowl with paddle attachment cream together butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Scrape down the edges of the bowl with a spatula and add in the eggs, mixing between additions, until incorporated.
Add the sour cream and mix well until combined.
Add flour and baking powder and mix until almost uniform.
Add about ¾ of the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
Pour the mixture into the molds and fill almost to the rim.
Sprinkle the top of the cupcakes with the remaining chocolate chips.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cupcakes turn golden and set..
Cool completely at room temperature.
In a mixer bowl with whipping attachment place cream. Sugar powder, cocoa powder and vanilla pudding and whip until thick chocolate cream forms.
Transfer the cream to a piping bag fitted with 2 cm serrated piping tip and drizzle mounds of cream at the top of the cupcakes.
Decorate with chocolate snowballs at the top of each cupcake and chocolate sprinkles.
- Keep the cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- It is recommended to remove the cupcakes from the fridge 5 minutes before serving.
- You can use any chocolate chips you like.
- You can also add chopped nuts or any other additions that you like to the batter.
- I used this recipe for chocolate snowballs.