I love banana bread, especially for a quick and easy breakfast. It’s easy to make and simply delicious. This recipe is a little healthier with added yogurt and whole wheat flour, making it tasty and perfect as a light snack.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Yogurt
Makes two 25 cm loaf pans
200 grams brown sugar
120 ml. canola oil
2 large eggs, at room temperature
200 ml. yogurt 3% fat
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
180 grams whole wheat flour
100 grams all-purpose flour
10 grams baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
- In a large bowl put brown sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla and salt and whisk well until blended.
- Add bananas and continue to blend until incorporated.
- Add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and baking powder and fold in using a spatula, just until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into the pans and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool at room temperature and serve.
- You can add chopped walnuts to the batter.
- Keep the cake in the fridge, wrapped well, up to 5 days.
- The cake can be frozen for up to three weeks.
- Nondairy version: use soy milk instead of yogurt.
- Serve the cake at room temperature rather than cold.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.