This vegan chocolate banana cake is so easy to make and everyone’s favorite. It’s soft, delicious and you only need one bowl to make it!
Vegan Chocolate Banana Cake
Servings 26 cm round cake pan
For the chocolate banana cake:
- 240 ml. (1 cup) vegetable oil
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 400 grams (1 2/3 cup) coconut milk
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips
For the ganache:
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams coconut cream
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a large bowl mix oil, bananas, coconut milk, sugar, salt and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
Add cocoa powder, flour and baking powder and stir just until incorporated.
Transfer the batter to the pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
Ganache: Melt dark chocolate with coconut milk and cream until you get a smooth glossy cream.
Pour over cake while hot.
Cool completely and serve.
- Instead of coconut milk you can use soy or almond milk.
- Keep the cake in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Serve the cake at room temperature.
- The cake can be frozen, well wrapped, up to a month. It is recommended to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Instead of one large pan, you can prepare the cake in 2 loaf pans 30 cm in length.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.