Very soon my spouse and I are going to move, and as I wrote in the previous post – this is a really tight and stressful time for me. There are so many arrangements and things to do, I barely have time to bake.
Although moving to a new apartment is really exciting, I can’t seem to relax in the meanwhile. There’s nothing I want more than to get into the apartment as soon as the last box is in its place and just BREATH!
Even though I don’t have a lot of time, there is no way that there won’t be something sweet at home. This is how these brownies came together, and it’s just what you need next to you coffee in the afternoon after a stressful day.
These vegan brownies with chocolate and peanut butter are so easy to make – you only have to mix a few ingredients in a bowl, and within minutes it’ll be ready for baking and all you have left to do is sit down and relax.
Vegan Brownies with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
For the vegan brownies batter:
- 60 ml. (4 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 50 grams (2 heaping tbsp.) smooth peanut butter
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 240 ml. (1 cup) soy or almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- 120 grams (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 200 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 3-4 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- Crushed cocoa beans
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl, whisk oil, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, milk and salt until blended.
Add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
Add chopped chocolate and stir until dispersed evenly in the mixture.
Transfer the mixture into the pan and spread in an even layer.
Bake for 18-23 minutes or until set at the edges but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely at room temperature and cut into squares of desired size.
Decoration: transfer the peanut butter into a pastry bag fitted with 1/2 cm round piping tip and pipe on top of each brownie.
Garnish with crushed cocoa beans and serve.
- Keep the brownies in a closed container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- These vegan brownies can be frozen in an airtight container up to one month.
- Instead of peanut butter in the brownie mixture you can use almond butter, cashew butter, raw tahini paste the same amount. Of course, tastes will vary accordingly.
- Crushed cocoa beans can be bought in baking specialty stores.