Do you have guests on short notice? Here’s the easiest dessert in the world – this chocolate mousse takes less than 10 minutes of preparation and is ready to serve immediately. With only two ingredients, no eggs or anything unique – this chocolate mousse is definitely the easiest chocolate mousse you could ever make.
It’s just the kind of recipe you would want to keep for those busy days you simply have no time to make anything. It’s chocolatey, rich, super decadent and airy as a cloud. So easy to make – even kids can make it in a breeze!
The Easiest Chocolate Mousse in the World
For the chocolate mousse:
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 250 ml. (1 cup) very cold whipping cream (see notes for dairy-free version)
For decoration (optional):
- Cocoa nibs
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Chopped chocolate
Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
Dissolve in the microwave in pulses or over double-boiler until fully melted and shiny and there are no lumps of chocolate.
In a mixer bowl, whip the cream into a very firm and stable whipped cream.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of whipped cream into the melted chocolate and mix well into a uniform mixture.
Add the chocolate mixture to the rest of the whipped cream and fold gently until you get a texture of mousse.
Transfer the mousse to a piping bag fitted with 2 cm serrated piping tip and drizzle into glasses.
Garnish and serve.
- The mousse can be served as soon as it is ready.
- You can keep the mousse wrapped in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can freeze the prepared mousse for up to a month.
- The recipe can also be prepared with milk or white chocolate in the same amount instead of dark chocolate. The taste of course will change accordingly.
- You can decorate the mousse with everything you like - chopped nuts, Funfetti and so on.
- Dairy free version: use cold coconut cream (harden part only) instead of the whipping cream in the same amount.