If you’re looking for an easy and quick coffee and chocolate cake – you just found one! You will only need one bowl and a whisk in order to prepare it. This cake combines chocolate, coffee and tahini, and is soft, fragrant and so yummy.
It’s a delicious combination of flavors that’s irresistible and so easy to make. This coffee and chocolate cake also has tahini inside which gives it some-what an oriental scent and flavor. You’re gonna love it!
Tahini, Coffee and Chocolate Cake
Servings 30 cm long loaf pan
- 50 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 60 ml. (1/4 cup) milk (or soy milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 30 ml. (2 tbsp.) espresso
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 7 grams (1 1/2 tsp.) baking powder
- 100 grams coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- 100 grams halva (tahini treat), crushed
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease a loaf pan.
In a small bowl put milk and chopped chocolate and melt in the microwave, until the chocolate melts and mixture is warm and smooth.
In a separate bowl beat eggs, sugar, oil, salt and espresso until blended.
Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat well until smooth.
Sift in flour and baking powder and fold until almost incorporated.
Add chopped chocolate and crushed halva and fold until incorporated.
Transfer the batter into the pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely and serve.
- Nondairy version: use soy milk or coconut milk instead of milk.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 5-6 days.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, but not cold from the refrigerator.
- Instead of espresso you can use 1 teaspoon instant coffee and 3-4 tablespoons of boiling water.