Granola cookies have a reputation of something sweet-yet-healthy. I’m not sure about how healthy it is, but these particular cookies are simply one of the best.
You make it with any nuts, seeds and/or dry fruit in your laying in your pantry, and they are just awesome!
Surprising Granola Cookies
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) soft butter
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) whole spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 175 grams (1 3/4 cups) whole oats
- 25 grams (2 tbsp.) chia seeds
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) chopped pecans
- 30 grams (3 tbsp.) sunflower seeds
- 6-7 chopped dates
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment place butter, sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and blend until creamy and soft mixture in formed.
Add egg and blend until it is assimilated into the mixture.
Add flour, baking soda, oatmeal, chia, nuts, seeds and dates and mix just until incorporated.
Using two spoons take pieces of dough and roll into balls. Place the cookies spaced on baking paper-lined oven tray. Flatten the top with your hands.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and set at the edges, but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to two weeks.
- Instead of dates you can use any other dried fruit you like.
- You can add or omit nuts and seeds according to your personal taste.
- Instead of Spelt flour you can use all-purpose flour.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.