Simple chocolate cake is definitely one of the most popular recipes in my kitchen. It’s my “go-to” recipe whenever I’m in a hurry or don’t really have much time to make something that requires more than 5 minutes of preparation.
This dairy free simple chocolate cake is simply one of the best. It’s chocolatey, moist, easy to make and just prefect for these days you just don’t have time! It will make a great afternoon snack, a quick birthday cake to take to the kindergarten, or just a great cake to serve to your guests on a short notice.
I love this cake simply because it really is quick and easy to make, and cant think of even one person who didn’t like it after the first bite. It may look a bit generic, but it really is a diamond in the rough. You just have to try it and see for yourselves 😊
Dairy Free Simple Chocolate Cake
For the cake:
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 400 grams (1 can) coconut cream or soy milk
- 250 grams (1 ¼ cups) of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 210 grams (1 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 150 grams of dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and lightly grease the pan.
In a large bowl, place oil, eggs, coconut cream, sugar and salt, and whisk well to a uniform mixture.
Add cocoa, flour and baking powder and mix well until mixture is uniform. The mixture is relatively thin and that's fine.
Transfer the batter to the baking pan, sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
Bake the cake for 35-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool at room temperature and serve.
- Instead of the chocolate chips you can use nuts or any other addition you like.
- The cake is kept in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- It is recommended to serve the cake at room temperature.
- For a dairy version, you can convert the coconut cream with sour cream or milk in the same amount.