Whenever I make something with lots of egg yolks and get too much egg white, I make financiers. It’s a French cookie in a fluffy, buttery texture, that is easy to make and simply delicious.
These pistachio financiers are made with lots of pistachios and is a real treat for pistachio lovers. They are so fragrant, nutty and delicious you simply have to try this recipe!
- 5 large egg whites at room temperature
- 150 grams (1 cup) sugar powder
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) almond meal
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 10 ml. (1 tbsp.) amaretto liqueur
- 30 grams (1 1/2 tbsp.) pistachio paste
- 30-40 grams chopped pistachios
In a small bowl whisk egg whites, just until white foam starts to form.
In a separate bowl, mix powdered sugar, almond meal, flour and baking powder.
Add the egg whites and beat lightly.
Add melted butter, amaretto and pistachio paste and continue to whisk only until blended.
Cover the bowl and chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag and drizzle into a slightly greased financiers pan (I use silicon pan). Sprinkle some chopped pistachios over the financiers.
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
Bake the financiers for about 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- Keep the financiers in a closed container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature. Instead of pistachios you can use any other kind of nut you like.