I love making pound cakes – it’s easy, quick and the result is always satisfying and tasty. This coffee cake combines two of my favorite ingredients – coffee and pecans. It’s moist, fluffy and great for the weekend!
You will only need one bowl to make this coffee cake, and in only few minutes of preparation you get a delicious cake that is perfect for hosting and everyone loves.
Pecan Coffee Cake
Two 25 cm long loaf pans
4 large eggs
200 grams (1 cup) sugar
240 ml. (1 cup) milk or water
125 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
2 tbsp. instant coffee powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
75 grams (3/4 cup) almond meal
2 tsp. baking powder
200 grams pecans coarsely chopped
2-3 tbsp. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, milk, oil, coffee, salt and vanilla to a smooth mixture.
- Add flour, almond meal and baking powder and mix until you get a uniform batter.
- Add chopped pecans and fold gently until evenly dispersed in the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pans and flatten the top.
- Sprinkle some pecans on top of each cake and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown, and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the coffee cake in a closed container at room temperature for 3-4 days, or refrigerate for up to a week.
- It is recommended to serve the cake at room temperature or warm.
- Instead of pecans, you can use any other type of nuts that you like in the same amount.
- You can add chocolate chips to the batter.