I love banana bread so much, that every time I have a few overripe bananas, I immediately prepare banana bread. The fact that my husband doesn’t like bananas at all doesn’t affect me in this case, and I find myself eating it all week long myself.
This easy pecan banana bread has a very soft, light texture, and it goes perfectly next to a cup of coffee or tea in a cold afternoon. This recipe makes 2 loaves, so I like freezing one of them in a sealed bag, that way I always have something delicious.
It’s a quick and easy recipe, that only takes a few minutes of preparation, and the result is so fragrant and delicious you won’t be able to resist it.
Banana Bread with Pecans
2 loaf cake pans about 30 cm long
For the banana bread:
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
100 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
150 ml.(3/4 cup) vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
70 grams (1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
75 grams (3/4 cup) ground pecans
2 tsp. baking powder
50 grams (1/2 cup) coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pans.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt and mashed bananas into a uniform mixture.
- Add flour, whole wheat flour, ground pecans and baking powder, and mix only until the mixture smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the two cake pans and straighten the top.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over each banana bread.
- Bake the breads for about 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the banana bread in a closed container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- It is recommended to serve the banana bread warm or at room temperature so it is at its best texture.
- Instead of pecans you can use walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios and even cashews in the same amounts.
- You can add some chocolate chips to the mixture.
Here’s another great dessert idea to make with ripe bananas:
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.