This banana chocolate cake is one of the most delicious, moist and easy to make. Quick banana chocolate cake with mashed bananas and coconut, that has the most incredible smell when baking. If you like chocolate and banana – you should try it!
Coconut and Banana Chocolate Cake
Two 25 cm long loaf cake pans
For the banana chocolate cake:
3 large eggs
200 grams (1 cup) sugar
400 grams coconut cream
150 ml. vegetable oil
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
65 grams grated coconut
100 grams dark chocolate chips
For chocolate ganache:
150 grams dark chocolate
100 ml. coconut cream
1 large banana, cut into large cubes
2-3 tbsp. toasted shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 175c degrees, and grease the pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, coconut milk, oil, salt, vanilla and mashed bananas until blended.
- Sift in flour, cocoa and baking powder and add shredded coconut. mix just until incorporated.
- divide the mixture to the pans and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs. Cool at room temperature.
- Chocolate ganache: Chop the chocolate and place in a small bowl.
- Place coconut cream in a small saucepan and bring to simmering point.
- Pour the boiling coconut cream over the chopped chocolate, wait a minute, and whisk until you get a shiny, smooth and chocolatey mixture.
- Cool the chocolate cream for about 10-15 minutes at room temperature, and pour over the cake.
- Decorate with banana cubes, toasted shredded coconut and grated chocolate.
- Instead of coconut you can use chopped almonds.
- Cake is best at room temperature.
- Keep the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- It is recommended to add the topping just before serving.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.