I love my plain, ordinary weekdays routine. Whenever there’s a holiday coming, I get a little stressed by the fact my routine is about to change for a little while. Changes are nice, and holidays are something I truly like, but really – there’s nothing I like more than ordinary days, with no special events.
These following energy bars are packed with peanut butter and protein powder. It’s easy to make and would make a great snack before or after a workout or just in between meals. These peanut butter energy bars are healthy and so delicious you’ll wanna have them every day!
Peanut Butter Energy Bars
Servings 10 small energy bars
For the energy bars:
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) natural peanut butter
- 50 grams vanilla-flavored protein powder
- 100 grams (4 units) pitted dates
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) oatmeal
- 50 grams dark chocolate
In a food processor with a steel blade, put peanut butter, protein powder, dates and oats and process until a uniform, slightly sticky mixture is obtained.
With your hands, form small rectangular snacks about 4 x 5 cm in size.
Place the bars on a pan or a tray and freeze for 2-3 hours for stabilization.
Melt the chocolate and dip the bottom of each bar in some chocolate. Return to the freezer until set.
Decorate with a little melted chocolate at the top.
Return to the freezer for about 10 minutes and serve.
- Keep the energy bars in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- It is important to use natural peanut butter.
- If you don’t have protein powder you can omit it. You’ll get regular energy bars with no added protein. You may have to add a bit of oatmeal if the texture of the batter is too sticky.