Peanut butter and chocolate is simply one of my top favorite combos in the kitchen. I love how the saltiness of the peanut butter combines with the sweetness of the chocolate.
These recipe takes the traditional chocolate chip cookies up a notch with added peanut butter into the dough. These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are so fragrant, crispy and delicious, and you won’t be able to resist it!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Based on this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker with some changes and adjustments.
100 grams soft butter
125 grams smooth peanut butter
100 grams sugar
70 grams dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
140 grams all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
80 grams quick-oats
100 grams dark chocolate chips
50 grams coarsely chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
- In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment put butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt and vanilla and whip until airy and very creamy.
- Add egg and continue to whisk until blended.
- Sift in flour and baking soda, add oatmeal, chocolate chips and chopped peanuts and blend on low speed until dough is formed.
- With an ice cream scoop (or 2 teaspoons) form small balls of dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and set.
- Cool on a rack and store in a sealed jar.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to a week.
- You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter – depending on personal taste and preference.