Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
For peanut butter cookies:
240 grams (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. baking powder
65 grams (1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
For the filling:
Strawberry or raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl put peanut butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder and flour and mix well just until dough is formed. It is important to avoid over-processing.
- Using a spoon take small pieces of dough and roll into circles the size of a small walnut. Place on the pan.
- Gently flatten the top of the cookies with your hands and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until they swell, crack slightly and set on the sides but still a little soft in the center.
- Cool completely before filling.
- Arrange the cookies in pairs and fill with strawberry or raspberry jam.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to 4-5 days.
- You can fill the cookies with any kind of jam you like.
- You can use peanut butter with extra crunchy peanut chips for a more crunchy texture.
- All-purpose flour can be used instead of whole wheat flour.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.