Every year, whenever Shavuot is upcoming, my kitchen is full of cheesecakes of various kinds, shapes and flavors. The truth is that cheesecake is one of my top favorite desserts to make (and to eat for that matter), and I really can’t think of anyone who will refuse a slice of a good cheesecake.
Although I define myself as a classic baked cheesecake lover, it really is hard for me to resist a nice cold cheesecake. Something about the creamy texture of the cream cheese filling reminds me of icebox cakes which I simply can’t resist and is so dangerous when it’s in my fridge. This next recipe is just that.
This is a no bake Oreo cheesecake made with Oreo cookie crust, cheesecake filling and a shiny chocolate ganache on top, that drizzles on the edges. I also added more Oreo cookies for decoration, which made the cake even more festive. This cake is so impressive and will make everyone who tastes it say WOW. It’s perfect for Shavuot and any other special occasions and birthdays.
Don’t be misled by the beautiful appearance of the cheesecake – it’s actually really easy to make. The base is made of both Oreo cookies and butter, the filling is super easy and quick, and the chocolate ganache only requires two ingredients.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 220 grams 20 units Oreo cookies
- 80 grams (3/4 stick) melted butter
For the cream cheese filling:
- 450 grams (2 packs) cream cheese (like Philadelphia)
- 375 grams (1 ½ cups) creamy ricotta cheese
- 150 grams (1 cup + 3 tbsp.) sugar powder
- 80 grams (8 tbsp.) instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 500 ml. (2 cups) cold whipping cream
For the chocolate ganache:
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- Chocolate Brownie Oreo cookies
In a food processor with a steel blade grind the cookies into a thin powder.
Add melted butter and mix until combined.
Transfer the crumbs to the bottom of the pan and press firmly to form a crust.
Freeze for about 30 minutes.
Cream cheese filling:
In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese, ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla pudding and vanilla extract for a uniform batter.
In a mixer bowl whip cream until you get a very firm whipped cream.
Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese batter until you get a uniform stable cream filling.
Pour the filling over the crust and straighten the top with a palate knife.
Freeze the cake for 4-5 hours, or until it is completely frozen.
Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
Add cream and melt together in the microwave or over double-boiler until everything is melted and you get a shiny ganache.
Cool the chocolate ganache for about 1 hour at room temperature until it is slightly thickened.
Pour the coating over the top of the cake and let it run slightly on the sides.
Garnish with Chocolate Brownie Oreo cookies and serve.
- The cake is kept in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Add the cookie decoration on top when serving.
- It is important to use cream cheese with at least 25% fat to keep the cake stable.
- You can use Oreo cookies of any kind you like - both for decoration and in the crust.