Orange cake is definitely one of my favorite cakes in the winter. It’s the most fragrant, comforting cake to have with a cup of coffee or hot tea, and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t’ like orange cake.
This juicy orange cake has the most amazing rich, melt-in-your-mouth texture that is simply to die for. It’s so easy to make and you don’t even have to separate the eggs. If you like orange cake, I’m pretty sure this one will become of your favorites as it’s simply divine.
Juicy Orange Cake
For the cake:
- 5 large eggs
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 180 ml. (3/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 180 ml. (3/4 cup) orange juice
- zest of an orange
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- some powdered sugar for serving
Preheat oven to 150c degrees.
Beat eggs and sugar in an electric mixer bowl at high speed until it becomes light and fluffy.
Reduce the mixer speed and add the orange juice and oil in a thin stream while mixing. It is important to add the liquids slowly so as not to bring down the foam.
Add orange zest, flour and baking powder and fold in using a spatula until incorporated.
Divide the mixture between 2 loaf pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Pour orange juice over the cakes.
Sprinkle some powdered sugar just before serving.
- Keep the cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- The cake is best served at room temperature.