Every time I invite friends or family to dinner or a small gathering, I usually make cupcakes. There is something so fun and nice about these individual cakes that allow you to skip slicing a cake and just enjoying a perfect single one. This is what makes cupcakes a perfect dessert for dinner parties and inviting friends over.
These Ferrero Rocher cupcakes are so festive and chocolate-y, and if you like Ferrero Rocher – you’re simply going to love them! These soft and tender chocolate cupcakes are filled with Nutella, which is revealed only after the first bite, topped with rich chocolate cream and a Ferrero Rocher decoration.
They have very elegant and impressive appearance that makes everyone say WOW when they taste them. However, don’t let this impressive look get you wrong – these Ferrero Rocher cupcakes are actually very easy to make!
Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
For the chocolate cupcakes:
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 250 ml. (1 cup) milk
- Pinch of salt
- 180 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
For the filling:
- 175 grams (1/2 small jar) Nutella
For the chocolate cream:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) whipping cream very cold
- 100 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 12 Ferrero Rocher balls
- Edible gold dust
Chocolate cupcakes: preheat the oven to 170c degrees, and line baking paper molds in a cupcake pan.
Place oil, sugar, eggs, sour cream, milk and salt in a bowl and mix well until you get a uniform mixture.
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and whisk only until you get a uniform batter.
Pour the batter into the jugs and fill up to 3/4 of their height.
Bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until set and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Using a Parisian spoon or 2 small teaspoon create a small hole in the center of each cupcake.
Fill the holes generously with Nutella
Chocolate cream: whip the cream until you get a very firm whipped cream.
In a small bowl, place the chocolate and melt in the microwave or over double-boiler until completely melted.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of whipped cream into the melted chocolate and stir well until combined.
Add the chocolate mixture into the rest of the whipped cream and fold gently until you get a uniform chocolate cream.
Transfer the cream into a piping bag fitted with a smooth 2 cm piping tip.
Drizzle mounds of cream on top of the cupcakes.
Place a Ferrero Rocher ball over each cupcake and decorate with a little edible gold dust.
- The cupcakes are at their best on the day of preparation, but they can be kept in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Edible gold dust can be bought in baking specialty stores or here. If you don't have edible gold dust – you can skip it.
- You can also make the chocolate cream with milk chocolate in the same amount instead of the dark chocolate.
- Instead of Nutella you can fill the cupcakes with any other chocolate spread you like.