Every time I invite friends or family to dinner or a small gathering, I usually make cupcakes. There is something so fun and nice about these individual cakes that allow you to skip slicing a cake and just enjoying a perfect single one. This is what makes cupcakes a perfect dessert for dinner parties and inviting friends over.
These Ferrero Rocher cupcakes are so festive and chocolate-y, and if you like Ferrero Rocher – you’re simply going to love them! These soft and tender chocolate cupcakes are filled with Nutella, which is revealed only after the first bite, topped with rich chocolate cream and a Ferrero Rocher decoration.
They have very elegant and impressive appearance that makes everyone say WOW when they taste them. However, don’t let this impressive look get you wrong – these Ferrero Rocher cupcakes are actually very easy to make!
Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
For the chocolate cupcakes:
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 250 ml. (1 cup) milk
- Pinch of salt
- 180 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
For the filling:
- 175 grams (1/2 small jar) Nutella
For the chocolate cream:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) whipping cream very cold
- 100 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 12 Ferrero Rocher balls
- Edible gold dust
Chocolate cupcakes: preheat the oven to 170c degrees, and line baking paper molds in a cupcake pan.
Place oil, sugar, eggs, sour cream, milk and salt in a bowl and mix well until you get a uniform mixture.
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and whisk only until you get a uniform batter.
Pour the batter into the jugs and fill up to 3/4 of their height.
Bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until set and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Using a Parisian spoon or 2 small teaspoon create a small hole in the center of each cupcake.
Fill the holes generously with Nutella
Chocolate cream: whip the cream until you get a very firm whipped cream.
In a small bowl, place the chocolate and melt in the microwave or over double-boiler until completely melted.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of whipped cream into the melted chocolate and stir well until combined.
Add the chocolate mixture into the rest of the whipped cream and fold gently until you get a uniform chocolate cream.
Transfer the cream into a piping bag fitted with a smooth 2 cm piping tip.
Drizzle mounds of cream on top of the cupcakes.
Place a Ferrero Rocher ball over each cupcake and decorate with a little edible gold dust.
- The cupcakes are at their best on the day of preparation, but they can be kept in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Edible gold dust can be bought in baking specialty stores or here. If you don't have edible gold dust – you can skip it.
- You can also make the chocolate cream with milk chocolate in the same amount instead of the dark chocolate.
- Instead of Nutella you can fill the cupcakes with any other chocolate spread you like.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.