I love flourless chocolate cakes. I truly can’t resist the fudge-like texture, almost like baked chocolate mousse or truffles – two desserts that I love very much on their own 🙂 This next cake is one of the most delicious 5 ingredients chocolate cake that is both gluten free and dairy free.
This is a dairy free chocolate cake made from just 5 ingredients, with no butter or cream, and with a gorgeous texture that’s super-chocolatey and rich. Because this cake is made with only few ingredients, it’s super important to use great ingredients and delicious dark chocolate. I like to use dark chocolate with at least 64% cocoa solids, so it is the most delicious. However, any dark chocolate that you like to eat on its own will be just fine.
Dairy Free Gluten Free 5 Ingredients Chocolate Cake
For the cake:
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 300 grams of dark chocolate
- 50 grams of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sugar powder
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in a mixer bowl.
- Beat the egg whites and salt at high speed until whiteish foam begins to form.
- Add the sugar gradually and continue to whip until you get an airy foam, stable and swollen.
- Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
- Dissolve in a microwave or a double steam pot until complete melted.
- Add oil and stir well.
- Add the egg yolks and stir until incorporated. The mixture will look very thick and “broken” at this point and that’s fine.
- Add about 1/3 of the whipped egg whites and mix well until uniform.
- Add the remaining whipped egg whites and fold gently until you get a uniform batter in the texture of chocolate mousse.
- Preheat oven to 120 Celsius degrees and grease the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and straighten the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cake is slightly cracked at the edges and slightly vibrating in the center.
- Turn off the oven and cool the cake until it is completely cold.
- Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- It is recommended to use dark chocolate with at least 55% cocoa solids for a good texture.
- If desired, you can use brown sugar to add a little caramel flavor.
- It is recommended to serve the cake at room temperature so it is at its best texture-wise.