I love adding dries fruit to pound cakes, and this coconut cake is definitely one of my top favorites. It’s soft and easy to make, with coconut, dried apricots and cranberries and so simple cakes – a great treat next to a cup of coffee you simply have to try!
Click here for more pound cake recipes >>
Coconut Cake with Dried Apricot and Cranberries
Servings 2 25 cm long loaf cake pans
for the cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 180 grams sugar
- 1/8 tsp. fine salt
- 200 ml. sour cream
- 150 grams vegetable oil
- 210 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 100 grams shredded coconut
- 100 grams dried apricots chopped
- 50 grams fried cranberries
- Icing sugar for decoration
Preheat oven 175c degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, sour cream and oil until the mixture is smooth.
Sift in flour and baking powder, add coconut, apricots and cranberries and mix gently, just until incorporated and the fruit mixture is evenly dispersed.
Pour the batter into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely, sprinkle some powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator up to 6-7 days, but serve at room temperature.
- You can use any dried fruit you love.
- Do not like coconut? Convert with same amount of almond meal.
- Nondairy version: use coconut cream instead of sour cream.