I don’t get why people but chocolate truffles instead od making it at home. It’s one of the easiest desserts you can make – so simple and quick, and the result is always satisfying and delicious.
These chocolate truffles combine two favorite ingredients – roasted macadamia nuts and praline powder. It’s chocolatey, rich and delicious, and the contrast between the bitterness of the cocoa powder to the sweetness of the chocolate and macadamia filling is simply divine.
It’s easy to make, gluten free and simply delicious. I like to make a large amount of these truffles and keep it for a long time in the freezer, but you can easily make ½ the amount for a smaller batch that can be kept in the fridge.
Chocolate Truffles with Macadamia
For the truffles:
- 500 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 250 ml. (1 cup) whipping cream
- 10 grams (1 tsp.) corn syrup or glucose or honey
- 15 grams (1 tbsp.) soft butter
- 25 grams (2 tbsp.) praline powder
- 1 tbsp. amaretto liqueur or rum
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) coarsely chopped roasted macadamia nuts
- Cocoa powder for coating
In a small pot put cream, corn syrup and powdered praline and bring to simmering point. Stir occasionally to make sure praline melts properly.
Put dark chocolate in a bowl and pour over the hot cream mixture. Wait a minute and stir until smooth. Add butter and amaretto and stir.
Add macadamia nuts and blend until incorporated.
Transfer the mixture into the pan and cool about 3 hours in the refrigerator until set.
Cut into small cubes and coat in cocoa powder.
- Keep the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Instead of macadamia you can use any kind of nut you like.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.