If you like chocolate truffles – you’re gonna love this cake! This easy-to-make chocolate cake is getting a fancy look by adding chocolate decoration on the sides and lots of chocolate truffles on top. it’s chocolate heaven for chocoholics!
Chocolate Truffles Cake
24 cm round cake pan
For the cake:
100 ml. vegetable oil
100 grams melted butter
3 large eggs
400 ml. yogurt or buttermilk
300 grams sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
80 grams cocoa powder
200 grams all-purpose flour
10 grams baking powder
For chocolate-brandy truffles:
125 ml. whipping cream
250 grams dark chocolate
2 tbsp. brandy
2 tbsp. cocoa powder for coating
For chocolate ganache:
100 grams dark chocolate
125 ml. whipping cream
1 tbsp. instant coffee powder
100 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Truffles: in a small saucepan bring to boil the cream.
- Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and whisk together until mixture is uniform and shiny. Stir in the brandy.
- Pour the mixture into a square form about 20*20 cm size, and cool for about 30-45 minutes.
- Cut the truffles into small squares perfectly sized 1*1cm (or slightly larger or slightly smaller).
- Coat the truffles using the cocoa powder.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator until use.
- Preparation of cake: preheat oven to 175 degrees and butter your pan.
- Mix sugar, oil, melted butter, eggs, salt, yogurt and vanilla. Sift in the flour, cocoa and baking powder and whisk just until blended.
- Pour the mixture into your pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Preparation of chocolate ganache: in a small saucepan bring to boil the cream and coffee.
- Pour the boiling cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until you get a smooth and creamy mixture. Pour the ganache over the cake and cool completely.
- Arrange truffles on top of the cake.
- Chocolate fence decoration: pour your melted chocolate over a 26cm long plastic cake wrap. Even the chocolate to a thin layer.
- Carefully wrap the chocolate around your cake.
- Cool until chocolate decoration is stabled and remover the cake wrap.
- Keep the cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Instead of brandy you can use any liqueur you like in the same amount.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.