Chocolate and whipped cream is one of the most classic flavors combinations. Both in terms of appearance and taste, it is a wonderful combination – so delicious and beautiful I simply don’t know anyone who does not like it.
These following chocolate cupcakes are very easy to prepare and have an impressive appearance thanks to the whipped cream at the top. They are so soft and have a melt in the mouth tender texture, and the mound of cream at the top makes them simply gorgeous.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting
For the chocolate cupcakes:
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 L egg
- 1 L yolk
- 180 ml. (3/4 cup) milk
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 50 grams chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
For the whipped cream:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) very cold whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- chocolate candy or chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
Arrange paper cups in a cupcake baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix oil, egg, egg yolk, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla into a uniform mixture.
Add cocoa, flour and baking powder and mix until the batter is uniform.
Transfer the batter to into the pan and fill up to 2/3 of the height of each socket.
Sprinkle some dark chocolate chips over each cupcake.
Bake the chocolate cupcakes for about 14-20 minutes, or until swollen, set and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely before decoration.
Vanilla whipped cream:
In a large mixer bowl with whipping attachment whip cream, powdered sugar, instant pudding and vanilla extract until you get a very firm whipped cream.
Transfer the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a serrated piping tip and drizzle mounds of cream on top of the cupcakes.
Garnish with chocolate and serve.
- Keep the cupcakes in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in a closed box.
- You can decorate the cupcakes with anything you like.
- Instead of chopped dark chocolate you can use milk or white chocolate in the same amount.
- If you like, you can add chopped nuts to the cupcakes batter.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.