The following cookies are one of the most addictive cookie recipes I ever make. It’s so delicious and easy to make, and the combination between a buttery cookie-dough filled with chocolate and toasted coconut is simply divine. You’re going to love them!
Chocolate Coconut Cookie Roll
For the dough:
- 200 grams (1 cup) sour cream
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) sugar powder
- 350 grams (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
For the filling:
- 450 grams chocolate spread
- 100-150 grams toasted coconut
- Sugar powder
In a large bowl, mix sour cream, oil, vanilla, salt and powdered sugar into a uniform mixture.
Add flour and baking powder and gently kneed with your hands, only until soft and smooth dough is obtained.
Cool the dough for about 1/2 hour in the refrigerator.
Divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll each part into a rectangle of about 3 mm thick.
Spread about 1/3 of the chocolate spread on each rectangle in a single, thin layer. Sprinkle with a little coconut.
Roll into tight rolls and place in increments on a baking pan lined with baking paper.
Preheat the oven to 170c degrees.
Bake the rolls for about 30-35 minutes, or until golden.
Cool completely and slice into cookies with a serrated knife.
Garnish with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to a week at room temperature.
- Toasted ground coconut can be obtained at baking specialty stores for ingredients.
- You can freeze the cookie rolls, as they are, before baking. When you want to enjoy fresh cookies simply remove from the freezer and bake (you don't need to thaw it – just bake it straight from the freezer).
- You can fill the cookies with any other spread you like: date spread, halva, poppy seeds etc.
- It is important to let the cookie rolls cool completely before slicing them into cookies. Also, use a serrated knife and work in sawing movements, making it easy to cut accurately.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.