Kids are going to LOVE these bars! It’s so easy to make, so delicious and absolutely great to make with your kids on summer vacation. The combination of banana, chocolate and peanut butter is just perfect in these bars, and I’m sure you’re gonna like is as well.
Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bars
20*20 cm square pan
1 large banana, mashed
80 grams (1/3 cup) smooth peanut butter
15 grams (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
150 grams (1 1/2 cup) whole oats
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
150 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate chips
50 grams (1/2 cup) walnuts or almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 175c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed banana, peanut butter, maple, egg, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Add oats, baking powder and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Add 2/3 of the chocolate chips and nuts and mix until they are evenly dispersed in the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and straighten the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips at the top.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until golden and set.
- Cool completely at room temperature and cut into squares of desired size.
- Keep the bars in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- It is recommended to serve at room temperature.
- Instead of maple, you can use honey or date-syrup in the same amount.
- It is recommended to use smooth peanut butter instead chunky one.
- You can use bittersweet, milk or white chocolate chips.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.