Kids are going to LOVE these bars! It’s so easy to make, so delicious and absolutely great to make with your kids on summer vacation. The combination of banana, chocolate and peanut butter is just perfect in these chocolate chip banana bars, and I’m sure you’re gonna like is as well.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bars with Peanut Butter
Servings 20 cm square pan
- 1 large banana mashed
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 15 grams (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 150 grams (1 1/2 cups) whole oats
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate chips
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) walnuts or almonds, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 175c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl, mix mashed banana, peanut butter, maple, egg, vanilla and salt until smooth.
Add oats, baking powder and baking soda and stir until combined.
Add 2/3 of the chocolate chips and nuts and mix until they are evenly dispersed in the mixture.
Transfer the mixture to the pan and straighten the top.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips at the top.
Bake for 15-25 minutes or until golden and set.
Cool completely at room temperature and cut into squares of desired size.
- Keep the bars in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- It is recommended to serve at room temperature.
- Instead of maple, you can use honey or date-syrup in the same amount.
- It is recommended to use smooth peanut butter instead chunky one.
- You can use bittersweet, milk or white chocolate chips.