This almond orange cake is the fluffiest, most delicious and so easy to make, you simply have to try it!
Almond Orange Cake
Servings 24 cm round cake pan
For the cake:
- 4 large eggs
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- zest of 2 oranges
- 200 ml. (1 cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 160 ml. (2/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 210 grams (1 12/ cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1 cup) almond meal
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- some powdered sugar for serving
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a bowl of an electric mixer with whipping attachment, put eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt and whip on high speed until mixture is fluffy and airy.
Add the orange zest and continue beating on low speed.
In a separate bowl mix the orange juice and oil, and pour into the egg mixture in a thin stream, while continuing to whisk at medium speed.
Once blended, add the flour, almonds and baking powder and fold in gently with a spatula into a smooth mixture.
Transfer the batter into the pan and bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the cake ready.
- Store the cake in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Instead of almond meal you can use grinded coconut.
- Serve the cake at room temperature.