If you are looking for a delicious vegan chocolate pudding that is also gluten free – this is the recipe you want to try. This vegan chocolate pudding with peanut butter is so creamy and dreamy thanks to a secret ingredient – avocado! It’ makes the pudding luscious and absolutely perfect in texture.
I like to serve the pudding with some fresh coconut whipped cream, but it is great even as it is. A must try dessert for vegans!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding with Peanut Butter and Whipped Cream
5-6 individual desserts
Based on a recipe from Minimalist Baker with some matches.
For chocolate pudding:
200 grams (about 2 small pieces) ripe avocado
1 large ripe banana
70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
120 grams (1/2 cup) maple syrup
60 ml. (1/4 cup) almond or coconut milk
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For coconut whipped cream:
400 grams very cold coconut cream (at least 17% fat)
1 tbsp. sugar powder
Grated dark chocolate
- Chocolate pudding: in a food processor with a steel blade grind avocado and mashed bananas until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add cocoa powder, peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk, salt and vanilla and blend at high speed for 3-4 minutes, until it turns into rich and creamy custard. If the pudding a bit too thick – you can add 2-3 tablespoons of almond milk gradually, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer the custard into individual glasses and fill about 1/2 of its height. Refrigerate.
- Coconut cream: carefully open the coconut cream can and transfer only the lipid portion (rigid) into the bowl of a mixer. Exclude the liquids.
- Add powdered sugar into the bowl and whip until you get a stable whipped cream.
- Top the dessert with whipped cream and decorate with grated chocolate.
- Avocado dessert still sounds a little too extreme? Replace the avocado with same quantity of bananas, but the texture will be a little less creamy.
- It is recommended to remove the dessert 10 minutes before serving to room temperature.