I like challenging myself with making vegan desserts. Although I’m not a vegan, I respect and admire this way of living and I try to reduce the amount of eggs and milk I consume daily.
This vegan chocolate trifle is made of chocolate streusel, coconut cream and berries, all layered-up in a glass. It’s easy to make and everyone will love it.
Vegan Chocolate Trifle with Coconut and Berries
5-6 individual desserts
For chocolate streusel:
75 grams cold coconut oil
120 grams sugar
1 tbsp. maple
50 grams cornstarch
20 grams cocoa powder
50 grams almond meal
For the berries:
200 grams frozen or fresh berries
30-40 grams sugar
For coconut and vanilla cream:
400 grams coconut cream (at least 17% fat), cold
2 tbsp. sugar powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
100 grams dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Chocolate streusel: preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- In a food processor with a steel blade put coconut oil, sugar, maple, cornstarch, cocoa and almond meal and blend until the mixture is crumbly.
- Transfer the crumbs onto a pan lined with baking paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until set and fully baked.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Berries: in a small bowl, mix berries and sugar and set aside for about 1/2 hour, until the fruit begin to ooze a little fluid.
- Coconut and vanilla cream: in a mixer bowl whip only the hydrogenated fats of coconut cream (without fluid!), sugar powder and vanilla until you get a very stable whipped cream.
- Assembly: Place 1-2 tablespoons of berries at the bottom of each glass (including some liquids).
- Drizzle over coconut cream and sprinkle 2-3 teaspoons of chocolate streusel.
- Repeat the order of the layers again and finish with cream.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and serve.
- Keep the vegan chocolate trifles in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.