If I had to choose only one fruit to forever use in desserts and give up the rest of the fruit – it would probably be strawberries. It’s a pretty amazing fact, since up until a few years ago I couldn’t stand strawberries and didn’t like them at all.
Strawberries are the sweetest, most beautiful fruit there is, to my opinion. They combine perfectly with so many different ingredients, which makes them simply perfect. You can make so many desserts with strawberries and never get tired of them – strawberry pie, strawberry jam, strawberry cake and much more.
I made these strawberry cupcakes a few times recently, and every time anyone tasted them; they immediately asked for a recipe. These sweet strawberry cupcakes are made of soft vanilla cakes filled with strawberry jam, white chocolate whipped cream and whole strawberries for decoration.
These strawberry cupcakes can also make a great Valentine’s day dessert to make to anyone you will love. What say more “I love you” than strawberries and white chocolate? 😉
Strawberry Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting
For the vanilla cupcakes:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) milk
- 60 ml. (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 175 grams (1 ¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
For the filling:
- 150-200 grams smooth strawberry jam
For white chocolate frosting:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) cold whipping cream
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 100 grams ground coconut
- 12 whole strawberries
- Sugar powder
Vanilla cupcakes: preheat the oven to 170c degrees and arrange paper crowns in a cupcake pan.
In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla, milk and oil until combined.
Add flour and baking powder and mix only until uniform.
Pour the batter into the pan and fill up to 3/4 of the cupcake height.
Bake the cupcakes for 15-25 minutes or until swollen, golden and set.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Using a small spoon or a Parisian spoon, create a small hole in the center of each cupcake.
Fill the hole generously with jam.
White chocolate frosting: in a mixer bowl, whip cream until fully whipped.
In a separate bowl dissolve white chocolate until completely melted.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of whipped cream into the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
Add the chocolate mixture to the rest of the whipped cream and fold gently with a spatula until you get a uniform frosting.
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with 2 cm round piping tip and drizzle mounds of cream on top of each cupcake.
Put coconut in a small plate and dip the top of the cupcake in the coconut.
Decorate with whole strawberries, sprinkle some sugar powder and serve.
- The cupcakes are at their best on the day of preparation, but can be kept in a closed container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Instead of strawberries you can use any other fruit you like (just use the proper jam accordingly).
- It is not necessary to dip the coating in the coconut, but it adds a lot to the final look.
- In the white chocolate frosting, it is important that the cream be very cold so that the whipped cream is stable enough for piping.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.