Every year in November I begin looking for strawberries in the market. Strawberries are one of my top favorite fruit, and even though in the beginning of the season they cost a small fortune – I can’t resist and buy a pack or two.
The perfect winter dessert in cold days is strawberries and cream parfaits. This is a fancier version with homemade golden buttery streusel on top, but you can crumble a few butter cookies and get the perfect bite.
Strawberry and Cream Parfaits
Makes four 200 ml. servings
For vanilla cream:
250 ml. heavy cream
2 tbsp. sugar powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For cookie crumble:
50 grams cold butter cun into cubes
50 grams sugar
50 grams all-purpose flout
- Cream: in a bowl of mixer whip cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until you get a smooth and stable cream. Transfer into a piping bag and drizzle into the glasses, about 1/3 height.
- Cut the strawberries into cubes and sprinkle over the cream.
- Cookie crumble: preheat oven to 175c degrees.
- In a food processor with a steel blade blend butter, sugar and flour until mixture is crumbly.
- Transfer the crumbs into a pan lined with baking paper and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle cookie crumble on top of strawberries in each glass.
- You can use fresh berries instead of strawberries.
- This strawberry and cream parfaits are best on the day of preparation.
- You can prepare the cookie crumble 2-3 days prior to serving. Keep in an airtight container.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.