These chocolate bars are so delicious and perfect for those of you who just LOVE Rice Krispies treats.
Caramel, Chocolate and Praline Bars
20*20 cm square pan
For Rice Krispies and praline layer:
70 grams butter
40 grams honey
55 grams corn syrup
2 tbsp. maple
50 grams sugar
100 grams Rice Krispies
80 grams Nutella
200 grams sweetened condensed milk
40 grams dark brown sugar
40 grams butter
10 grams corn syrup
Pinch of salt
For chocolate coating:
500 grams dark chocolate, at least 53% cocoa solids
10 grams cocoa butter
- Rice Krispies and praline layer: in a medium saucepan put butter, honey, corn syrup, maple and sugar and cook until a smooth caramel sauce if formed.
- Remove from the heat and add the Nutella. Mix well until smooth.
- Add the Rice Krispies and mix well with a spatula until blended.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased pan and surfaces the top tightening it firmly.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes at least.
- Caramel: in a small pan put condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt and cook over high heat until smooth caramel is formed.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook while stirring for another 2-3 minutes, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Pour the caramel over the Rice Krispies later, flatten it evenly and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 2*4 cm bars.
- Chocolate coating: temper the dark chocolate with cocoa butter.
- Dip each bar in the chocolate and put on a baking tray lined with baking paper to set.
- Keep in a sealed box at room temperature. In hot summer days it is recommended to freeze the bars.
- You can use cornflakes instead of Rice Krispies.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.