These poppy seeds sandwich cookies are filled with chocolate and they are simply delicious. They make a great indoor activity when it’s too cold and wet outside, and even kids love them. Poppy seeds melt-in-your-mouth cookies filled with Nutella – simple but tasty!
Poppy Seeds Sandwich Cookies filled with Chocolate
35 small sandwich cookies
For the dough:
160 grams all-purpose flour
25 grams freshly ground poppy seeds
50 grams sugar
100 grams cold butter cut into cubes
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp. water
For the filling:
Nutella or any other chocolate spread
Sugar powder for serving
- In a food processor with a steel blade put flour, ground poppy seeds, sugar, butter, salt and vanilla and blend until crumbly.
- Gradually add water and continue to blend just until the large chunks of dough form.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured work surface, combine with your hands and form a disc shape.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 3 mm thick.
- Cut into small heart-shaped cookies and place on an oven pan lined with baking paper.
- Create small round holes in half of the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool completely before filling.
- Fill each pair of cookies with chocolate and close into a sandwich. Sprinkle sugar powder and serve.
- Keep in a sealed jar for 4-5 days.
- You can freeze the cookies for up to 2 weeks.
- You can fill the cookies with any other filling you like.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.