This cheesecake is gluten free, fresh and easy to make with pistachio meringue as a crust, lemon and ricotta mousse and white chocolate frosting. It’s so delicious and perfect for Shavuot.
Pistachio and Lemon Cheesecake
24 cm round cake pan
For pistachio dacquoise:
50 grams sugar powder
60 grams pistachios
2 large egg whites
20 grams sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For lemon and cheese mousse:
10 grams gelatin powder
50 ml. cold water
500 grams ricotta cheese
200 ml. sour cream
150 grams sugar powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lemon
500 ml. heavy cream
For the topping:
150 grams chopped white chocolate
50 ml. heavy cream
1 tbsp. lemon juice
20 grams soft butter
30-40 grams roasted chopped pistachios
- Pistachio dacquoise: preheat oven to 170c degrees and line your cake pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor with a steel blade put sugar powder and pistachios and grind to fine powder.
- In a mixer bowl with whipping-attachment whip egg whites on high speen until white foam begins to form.
- Continue whipping while gradually adding the sugar and vanilla, and whip for about 3-5 minutes until a stable glossy meringue forms.
- Add in the pistachio and sugar powder and fold gently with a spatula until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, flatten to an even layer and bake for 18-22 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool cake completely at room temperature.
- Lemon and cheese mousse: in a small bowl mix gelatin and water. Set aside for 10-15 minutes, until the gelatin absorbs liquid.
- In a medium bowl, whisk ricotta cheese, sour cream, sugar powder, vanilla and lemon zest into a smooth mixture.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the microwave until completely melted. Add about 3-4 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into the dissolved gelatin and beat well.
- Strain the mixture and add into the remaining cheese mixture while whisking until incorporated.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks, and gently fold into the cheese mixture until a smooth mousse forms.
- Pour the mousse over the pistachio crust and smooth the top.
- Cool the cake for at least 4-5 hours in the freezer, well wrapped, until frozen.
- Topping: in a small bowl put white chocolate and cream and melt in the microwave or over double-boiler until smooth and shiny ganache forms.
- Add in lemon juice and soft butter and whisk until blended.
- Pour the ganache over the cake and flatten evenly.
- Extract the cake from the pan and garnish with pistachios.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- You can freeze the cake for 2 weeks.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.