Chocolate lava cake is one of my favorite desserts. It’s such a great and easy-to-make dessert that simply everyone loves. It’s luscious, chocolatey, soft and warm, and just the right dessert to serve on cold winter evenings.
This chocolate lava cake recipe is rich with hazelnuts, gluten free and nondairy, so that everyone can enjoy a bite!
Nondairy Gluten Free Hazelnut Chocolate Lava Cake
For the chocolate lava cake:
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 75 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. chocolate liqueur or brandy
- 25 grams (2 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 20-30 grams finely chopped hazelnuts
- Icing sugar for serving
Preheat oven 190c degrees and grease your molds.
Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over double boiler.
When fully melted, add oil and stir well until the mixture is smooth.
In an electric mixer bowl whip eggs, sugar and salt for about 5-6 minutes on high speed until the mixture is fluffy and airy.
Towards the end of whipping, add the liqueur and continue beating on medium speed.
Add the melted chocolate mixture and fold in gently.
Add cornstarch and chopped nuts and fold just until incorporated.
Divide the mixture between the molds and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the fondant has risen in the center, set on the edges but still soft in the center.
Serve immediately with some icing sugar.
- The chocolate lava cake can be prepared ahead and kept (before baking) in the freezer for two weeks. The baking is done directly from the freezer and simply extend the cooking time a little bit in a few minutes.
- You can use any type of nuts you like instead of hazelnuts in the same amount.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.