Whenever I have jam in the pantry – I make thees delicious jam bars. It’s so easy to make, and takes really short time in the oven. Coconut short crust pastry topped with strawberry or raspberry jam and coconut crumbs on top – how can you go wrong?
These coconut jam bars are a great idea for hosting or whenever you want to make something delicious with the kids. The recipe is easy, quick and everyone loves it.
Coconut Jam Bars
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 20 grams (2 tbsp). grated coconut
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) sugar
- 125 grams (1 stick) cold butter cut into cubes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp. cold milk
- 1-2 tbsp. shredded coconut for topping
For the filling:
- 200-300 grams (4-5 heaping tablespoons) strawberry or raspberry jam
- Sugar powder for serving
Preheat oven to 175c degrees and grease the pan.
In a food processor with a steel blade put flour, coconut, sugar, butter, salt and vanilla and blend until crumbly.
Add milk and continue processing just until large crumbs of dough form.
Transfer about 2/3 amount of dough into the pan and press down to create a base.
Spread over the jam in a thin layer.
Sprinkle over the remaining crumbs evenly and spread a little more coconut.
Bake for about 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool completely at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Cut into cubes and sprinkle some sugar powder.
- You can use any jam you like.
- Keep the jam bars in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. If you want to keep it for a longer time it can be frozen for up to two weeks.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.