If you like tahini, I’m sure you’re going to LOVE these almond tahini cookies! These cookies are soft, buttery and so rich with added almonds that are also gluten free and very easy to make. It’s a great recipe to make with your kids, and these cookies are simply delicious.
Gluten Free Tahini Cookies
For the tahini cookies
- 240 grams (1 cup) raw tahini paste
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. fine salt
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cornstarch or gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 25-30 whole almonds
Preheat the oven to 180c degrees and line the baking trays with parchment paper.
In a large bowl put tahini, sugar, egg, vanilla and salt and stir to a smooth mix.
Add flour and baking powder and stir just until the dough is smooth.
Form the dough into balls the size of a walnut and place on the baking trays. Put an almond on top of each cookie.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until cookies are golden.
Cool completely at room temperature and serve.
- Keep the tahini cookies in a sealed box at room temperature for up to a week.
- Instead of almonds you can use any other type of nut.