I love chocolate, strawberries and cream, and this cake is definitely one of the best – easy gluten free chocolate cake topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
Even though it looks fancy, it’s quite easy to make. The cake itself is made in a bowl and a whisk, and the decoration trick is just whipped cream and fresh strawberries. A great dessert idea for chocolate and strawberry lovers in a gluten free chocolate cake with cream and strawberries that’s simply delicious. YUM!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Strawberry
For gluten free chocolate cake:
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1 stick) butter
- 75 ml. (1/3 cup) heavy cream
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 25 grams (2 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 35 grams (1/3 cup) ground walnuts
- 10 grams (1 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
For chocolate ganache:
- 180 ml. (2/3 cup) heavy cream
- 150 grams dark chocolate
For vanilla cream:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) cold whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries
- some décor gel for brushing
- grated white chocolate
Gluten free chocolate cake: preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl. Add butter and cream and solvents together in the microwave or over double boiler until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
In a separate bowl whip eggs, egg yolks, sugar and salt at high speed until the mixture is airy, bright and very swollen.
Add the whipped eggs into the chocolate mixture and fold gently.
Add cornstarch, ground nuts, cocoa powder and baking powder and stir just until incorporated.
Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the cake is set at the edges but still a bit soft in the center.
Cool completely at room temperature. Use a knife to release the edges of the cake from the pan.
Chocolate ganache: Heat cream to a simmer.
Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, wait a minute, and beat until shiny chocolate ganache is formed.
Pour the ganache over the cake and let it spill over the sides (while still inside the pan).
Cool the cake completely for at least 3-4 hours in the refrigerator until ganache sets completely.
Remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving dish.
Vanilla cream: in a bowl of a mixer, whip cream, powdered sugar, cream stabilizer and vanilla until cream is very stable.
Transfer the whipped cream into a pastry bag fitted with jagged 2 cm piping tip and pipe mounds of cream over the cake.
Arrange strawberries on top.
Brush with décor gel and sprinkle some chopped white chocolate.
- You can make this gluten free chocolate cake without cream and strawberries even a week in advance and keep in the freezer.
- The whipped cream and strawberries should be added before serving.
- You can use any kind of berry you want instead of strawberries.
- Shredded coconut can be used instead of ground buts.
- If you want ultra-high cake make it in 20-22 cm pan.