If you like coffee cakes, this one will steal your heart. This is a marbled coffee chocolate cake that’s so moist and tender and has the most addictive texture that is simple melting in your mouth. It combines chocolate, coffee and coconut, and so easy to make in only one bowl.
Marbled Coffee Chocolate Cake with Coconut
for the cake:
- 200 grams (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- Pinch of salt
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) ground coconut
- 50 grams coarsely chopped dark chocolate
For chocolate batter:
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 60 ml. (1/4 cup) milk
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease a loaf pan.
In large bowl whisk sugar, oil, eggs, egg white and salt until blended and smooth.
Sift in flour and baking powder, add coffee and coconut and continue to whisk just until blended.
Add chopped chocolate and stir until it is uniformly dispersed in the mixture.
In a separate bowl, melt chocolate, coffee and milk until smooth.
Pour about 1/3 of the cake batter into the chocolate mixture and mix until blended.
Pour the cake mixture into the mold, and on top pour the chocolate batter. Use a knife or a long skewer to scramble the batter together forming a marble shape.
Bake the cake for 30-40 minutes until golden and set.
Cool slightly at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cake in a sealed container at room temperature up to 4 days.
- The cake can be frozen up to a month.
- Nondairy version: use soy milk instead of milk.
- Instead of coconut you can use ground almond or hazelnuts.