Muffins are such a great idea for a quick breakfast, and this is why I love making it so much. It’s not that I eat muffins every morning, but in weekends or whenever I want to indulge a little, muffins are a great treat next to the first coffee cup of the day.
These coffee muffins combine chocolate, almond and coffee and are so easy to make, super delicious and everyone’s favorite.
Coffee Muffins with Chocolate and Almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. granulated instant coffee
- 2 tbsp. warm water
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 120 grams dark chocolate chips
- Sliced almonds for decoration
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and lightly grease your muffin tin.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, sugar, salt, instant coffee, water and melted butter into a smooth mixture.
Add in flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips and mix just until incorporated.
Transfer the mixture into the pan.
Sprinkle with sliced almonds for decoration.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container at room temperature up to 3-4 days. In the summer it is recommended to keep in the refrigerator.
- The muffins can be frozen for up to a month in a sealed bag.
- Instead of almonds you can use any other kind of nuts - hazelnuts, pecans, cashews and even peanuts.
- You can use vegetable oil instead of melted butter.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.