Rosh Hashana is coming next month, and this is just the time to get some traditional recipes for desserts and cakes that are perfect for the holiday.
These honey muffins combine cinnamon, ginger and honey, and are easy to make, moist and absolutely delicious.
Honey Muffins with Cinnamon and Ginger
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 1 tea bag
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream see notes for nondairy version
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 250 grams (2/3 cup) honey
- 2 large eggs
- 350 grams (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Icing sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 165c degrees.
Put the tea bag in boiling water and infuse for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, oil, sugar, honey and eggs into a smooth mixture.
Add the tea mixture and mix well.
Add in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger and beat just until mixture is smooth.
Transfer the mixture into a lightly greased muffin pan. Fill almost to the edge of the holes.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs.
Before serving, sprinkle a little powdered sugar.
- Nondairy version: use coconut milk instead of sour cream.
- Spices can be added or omitted according to personal taste.
- Keep the cakes in the refrigerator in a sealed box for up to 7-9 days.
- Serve at room temperature.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.