If you’re looking for a quick, chocolate-y dessert that is suitable for people who avoid gluten – here’s a good idea. Rich chocolate cream that is served with fresh strawberry cubes and candied almonds – so easy to make and absolutely decadent!
Chocolate, Strawberry and Candied Almonds Dessert
For chocolate cream:
250 ml. (1 cup) milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 large egg yolks
80 grams (1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon) sugar
30 grams (3 tbsp.) cornstarch
1 tbsp. chocolate liqueur or brandy
200 grams chopped dark chocolate, at least 53% cocoa solids
125 ml. (1/2 cup) heavy cream
50 grams almonds
50 grams sugar
Pinch of salt
200-300 grams fresh strawberries
- Chocolate cream: in a medium saucepan put milk, vanilla and salt and heat to simmering point.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and liqueur until smooth.
- Pour about 1/3 of milk mixture into the yolks, while whisking. Then add the remaining milk and mix until blended.
- Return the mixture to the pan and cook over medium-low heat, while whisking constantly, until you get a thick cream.
- Remove from heat and add in chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and cream is smooth.
- Cool the cream for 20-30 minutes (whisking occasionally) in the refrigerator until slightly cool.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks and gently fold into the chocolate cream until smooth.
- Spoon into a pastry bag and fill the glasses up to 1/2 of its height.
- Candied almonds: in a small pan put sugar and form caramel.
- Add almonds and add salt and stir until coated in caramel.
- Transfer the almonds onto a greased baking paper and cool at room temperature.
- In a blender, grind the candies almonds until coarsely ground.
- Cut strawberries into cubes and place on top of the chocolate cream.
- When serving, add candied almonds on top.
- It is very important to add the candied almonds only when serving in order to remain crispy.
- You can use raspberries or cherries instead of strawberries.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of almonds.
- Keep the desserts in the fridge, wrapped well, for up to 3-4 days.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.