As a peanut butter and chocolate addict, I simply love creating all kinds of desserts with these ingredients. These brownies are so rich and chocolatey and can be made gluten free easily. It has the most luscious peanut butter cream in the center and a beautiful shiny chocolate ganache on top. One bite of it – and you won’t be able to stop!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies
For the brownie:
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams (1 stick + 1 tbsp.) butter
- 120 grams (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour or cornstarch
Peanut butter cream:
- 150 grams (4 heaping tablespoons) smooth peanut butter
- 30 grams (2 tbsp.) soft butter
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) icing sugar
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) cold whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding powder
For chocolate ganache:
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- Chopped nuts for garnish
Preheat oven to 170 degrees and lightly grease the pan.
Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl. Add butter and melt together in the microwave or over a double-boiler, until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
Add sugar and salt and beat into a smooth mixture.
Add eggs one at a time, stirring between each addition.
Add flour (or cornstarch) and beat just until a smooth batter forms.
Pour the batter into the pan, flatten the top and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the brownie is set in the edges, but slightly soft in the center.
Cool at room temperature.
Peanut butter cream: in a bowl of a mixer with a whipping-attachment put peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Add heavy cream and stabilizer and beat at high speed until thick cream forms.
Pour the cream over the brownie, and smooth evenly using a palate knife.
Cool for about an hour in the freezer.
Chocolate ganache: chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
Add heavy cream and solvents together in the microwave or over double-boiler until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
Pour the chocolate coating on top of the peanut butter cream and cool in the freezer for about 1 hour until set.
Cut into square in desired size, garnish with some chopped nuts and serve.
- Keep the brownies in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days. It is recommended to serve in room temperature.
- You can freeze the brownies in an airtight container for up to a month.
- You can use chunky peanut butter instead of smooth to add a little texture to the cream.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.