Every time I have guests at short notice I bake muffins. It is one of the easiest pastries to prepare in a hurry, with a short baking time, and within less than an hour of work (including baking), you get a delicious treats everyone just love.
The following muffins combine chocolate, coffee and praline. You will need only one bowl and a whisk in order to prepare them, and it is just perfect for hosting. Note that if you want, you can make them nondairy as well and the result is great either way.
Chocolate Chip, Coffee and Praline Muffins
2 large eggs
200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream (see notes for nondairy version)
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
Pinch of salt
50 grams praline paste
2 tsp. instant coffee powder
2 tbsp. milk (see notes for nondairy version)
60 ml. (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
210 grams (1 1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
200 grams dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and arrange paper cups in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, sugar, salt, praline, coffee, milk and oil until mixed.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix with spatula only until uniform.
- Add chocolate chips (reserve about 1/4 of the amount for decorating the top of the muffins) and stir briefly to disperse evenly in the mixture.
- Fill the muffin pan with the mixture and sprinkle over chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins rise, turn golden, and set.
- Cool at room temperature and serve.
- Nondairy version: instead of sour cream, use soy milk or coconut cream in the same amount and instead of milk use water in the same amount.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container for up to a week. It is recommended to serve it warm or at room temperature rather than cold.
- Instead of dark chocolate chips you can use milk or white chocolate chips.
- Praline paste can be bought in baking specialty stores.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.