You don’t need to choose between making chocolate brownie or cheesecake! This is an easy recipe for cheesecake chocolate brownie cake that is marbled with peanut butter and chocolate frosting on top. It’s so easy to make and everyone’s favorite. You can easily make it gluten free too!
Marbled Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Cake
For the cake:
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams (1 stick + 1 tbsp.) butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour or cornstarch
For peanut butter cheesecake batter:
- 225 grams (1 pack) cream cheese at room temperature
- 100 grams (2 heaping tablespoons) smooth peanut butter
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) cornstarch
For chocolate frosting:
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- 30-40 grams roasted peanuts coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 160c degrees and grease the pan.
Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
Add butter and melt together in the microwave or over double-boiler.
Add sugar and salt and stir well until uniform.
Add the eggs one by one, whisking between additions, until the mixture is smooth.
Add flour or cornstarch and mix until combined.
Pour the mixture into the pan and straighten the top.
Cream cheese and peanut butter batter: whisk cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cornstarch in a bowl until mixed.
Pour the cheese mixture over the brownie layer.
Using a knife, create a marble shape with two mixtures.
Bake the cake for 40-50 minutes or until set and golden.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Chocolate frosting: chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
Add the cream and melt together in the microwave or over double-boiler until everything is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Pour the frosting over the cake and allow it to spill slightly on the sides.
Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve.
- Keep the cheesecake brownie cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- It is highly recommended to serve the cake at room temperature and not cold.
- Instead of peanut butter you can use almond butter or cashew butter in the same amount.
- Instead of peanuts you can decorate the cake with chopped chocolate or any other kind of nuts you like.
- It is important to use cream cheese at room temperature so that the mixture is easy to mix.
- Gluten free / for Passover version - use cornstarch in the same amount instead of flour.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.