Apricot Muffins with Pistachio and Oats
Servings 15 apricot muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 240 ml. (1 cup) milk
- 80 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) whole oats
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 8 halved apricots
- 30-40 grams finely chopped pistachios
- 2-3 tbsp. smooth apricot jam
- Sugar powder
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, milk, oil, salt and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
Add flour, oatmeal and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
Pour the mixture into the holes.
Place half of apricot in each muffin and sprinkle chopped pistachios.
Bake for about 17-25 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch.
Cool slightly at room temperature.
Brush the apricots with apricot jam and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days, but you should serve them at room temperature.
- You can use nectarines, peaches, plums or even cherries instead of apricots.
- Nondairy version: convert milk with soy milk or water.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.