Maple cake is one of my favorite cakes in the world. Maple in general is simply a delicious ingredient I always look for different ways to use it in my recipes.
This cinnamon maple cake is one of the best – it’s so easy to make, moist, fragrant and so delicious. You make in in one bowl, without whipping or separating eggs, and the result is a fluffy cake that is the perfect companion to your cup of coffee.
Cinnamon Maple Cake
Makes a 20*30 cm rectangle cake pan
For the cake:
- 2 large eggs
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 100 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 75 ml. (1/2 cup) water
- 140 grams (1 cup) spelt flour
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) almond meal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
For the topping:
- 50 grams sliced almonds
- 1-2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- Sugar powder for serving
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, maple, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, oil and water into a smooth mixture.
Add in spelt flour, almond meal and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
Transfer the batter into the pan, and smooth the top.
Sprinkle sliced almonds and brown sugar evenly over the cake.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until cake is set, golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool the cake at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for up to a week, but it is recommended to serve it warm or at room temperature.
- Instead of almonds you can use any other nut you like.
- You can add spices like cardamom, ginger, cloves according to personal taste.
- You can use honey or date syrup instead of maple.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.