These almond crescent cookies are probably the most addictive and dangerous cookies there are. They are super easy to make, buttery and melt-in-your-mouth, and once you try even one – you can’t stop until the whole jar is empty!
Almond Crescent Cookies
60-70 small cookies
200 grams soft butter
Pinch of salt
100 grams powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
zest of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp. milk
200 grams almond meal
210 grams all-purpose flour
40 grams cornstarch
1 tsp. baking powder
Sugar powder for serving
- Preheat oven to 165c degrees.
- In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, put butter, salt, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and milk and whip until very airy and creamy.
- Clean the sides of the mixer with a spatula and add almond meal, flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Blend at low speed until the large clumps of dough form.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- Form small balls of dough and shape each into a crescent.
- Place on an oven pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden but still bright.
- Cool completely, garnish with powdered sugar and serve.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of almonds.
- It is important to use a very soft butter.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to a week.