This cake is just what you need next to your coffee cup in Shavuot – it’s soft, fragrant and so delicious. Ricotta and almond cake with lots of apricots inside – easy to make and absolutely gorgeous!
Almond, Apricots and Ricotta Cake
200 gram soft butter
150 grams sugar
50 grams light brown sugar
5 large separated eggs, at room temperature
250 grams almond meal
40 grams cornstarch
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. brandy
400 grams ricotta cheese
Pinch of salt
6-8 apricots, halved and sliced
200 ml. sour cream
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp. toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 160c degrees.
- In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle-attachment whip butter, sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is fluffy, airy and rather bright.
- Add in the egg yolks one at a time, and continue to blend until smooth.
- Add in the almond meal, cornstarch, lemon zest and brandy, and continue to blend until incorporated. add ricotta and blend until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and salt to soft peaks and gently fold into the cheese mixture until completely uniform.
- Grease the pan and pour about 1/2 of the batter onto the bottom. Arrange apricots in the center and pour over the remaining batter. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs and cake is very fragrant and golden.
- Cool completely before coating.
- Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Pour the cream over the cold cake and flatten the top. Sprinkle some toasted almonds and serve.
- It is recommended to prepare the cake a day in advance.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.